Friday, June 29, 2012

D1W1: Good Morning Sweaty!

Good Morning Sweaty!  Wow, I had no idea that I was this out of shape.  I was dripping after half a page of the practice sequence.  During the practice I flashed back to a time when I used to go to this Ashtanga-ish class 3 times a week and got really good at the sequence.  This not only made me feel like what have I done with myself but also gave me hope as to why can't I do that again?  That took me a month though to get really good, but then again that was 3 times a week not everyday.  Can I flash forward being this out of shape?

My mind state after was great!  I felt accomplished and surprised it only took me an hour not including an 11 minute savasana of which my mind was racing.  I had to keep telling myself to chill and enjoy this rest time.  The practice had a crescendo effect on me.  I got more and more pumped as I went through it with all those press, jump back and jump forwards.

Just after today I would say this is awesome!  I feel awesome!  I can do this and FUCK YAY!  Ashtanga Yoga has something here if only how it makes me feel after practicing series one.  Though I am surprised it only took me 1 hour.  Am I doing something wrong?  I followed the chart perhaps I will look into another chart and on the 7th day go practice with some real Ashtanga practitioners for mysore and see exactly what I am fucking up.

But for now Rock On today and Cheers to tomorrow!

Oh yay and the coolest thing about this mornings practice is that I got a baby bakasana padmasana.  I never tried it before because I thought I couldn't do it and then voila!  I actually started to walk my knees up my wrists a bit and lean forward till I could feel the mechanics of the pose... Omazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment