Saturday, June 30, 2012

D2W1: Surprisingly fun!!!

I am not typically a morning person so in order to get this practice in today I would have to wake up at 6:45am. Ouch! Since I knew that early rise was coming I took the largest dose of herbal sleeping pills at around 11pm but still couldn't lay down until 2amish. Luckily falling asleep without too much laying there with the noisy mind.

A little over four hours later I pop up from a super deep sleep ready to practice. Well kind of... Like I said I'm not very alert in the morning. So it took a couple of sun sals to get me to focus. The first one I had to stop and mouth wash and the second needed to make a green tea shot. After I did about 2 sun sals I started cranking them out.

The first thing that amazed me about today's practice was that those first two sun sals felt like the steepest up hill climb but then 2 later I was on the other side of this hump and coasting through the sequence. The second I noticed was it was already getting easier to do some of the poses. Though I was a little sore in my deltoids once they were warm from som sun sals I haven't felt the soreness since.

The hour practice passed by so quickly it was fun and I'm surprised I just said that... "it was fun.". Could this be something I continue after the week long experiment?

I'm feeling confident right now that even though I might not look like an Ashtanga yogi I will be able to hold my own in the Mysore practice.

I taught a class right after and was very sharpe and grounded for class. All great effects thus far. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment